Thursday, May 29, 2008

Almost Crawling!

At 6 1/2 months old, Nathan is pretty much crawling!!! In just the last couple of days he army crawls across the room if he sees something worth playing with and he practices rocking back and forth on his hands and knees. Time to purchase a gate for the stairs and baby proof the house. I thought I had a couple more months!




Nathan had spotted Matthew's garbage truck across the room while Matt was watching a movie :) He made it just in time to play with it for a few minutes before Matthew caught him. We now have to work on sharing Matthew's toys with Nathan. I think Matthew is stunned by Nathan's new attempts in getting around. He is not sure what to think since he is trying to play with all of Matt's Big Boy toys!
I wanted to share a little story that shows what a gentle soul Matthew has. The other day we found a dropped bird egg on our deck (Matt thought it was an ice cream cone:) so we went out there to take a look at it. Adam and I tried to explain what happened to the little bird (still a yoke) inside, but it is obviously a difficult concept for little ones to understand. The next thing we knew as we were making pancakes, Matthew went and found an old Easter egg and stood in the doorway asking the little birdie to come inside his new home. He said, "birdie! I have a new home for you! Please come little birdie! Your home is broken so I have a new one for you. Mom, why won't the bird come to his new home? He isn't coming....he must REALLY be sleeping."
This is one of those stories you never want to forget.

1 comment:

Marcus, Stephanie,Jaelyn & Benjamin said...

oh my goodness...I can't believe Nathan is on the move!! I guess the 2nd one always hits the milestones a bit earlier than the 1st one. And what a precious story about Matt...what a sweet little boy (even if he pushed Jaelyn around a bit!! j/k)