Sunday, November 23, 2008

Festival of Trees

Adam and I attended one of Wenatchee's biggest events last night, "The Festival of Trees." It is a formal dinner/auction to raise money for the Performing Arts Center. I and a couple of my friends designed a Christmas tree to be autioned off at the event. Ivy and Cathy had designed a tree before and asked me to be a part of their team this year. I was honored to help and take part in this event. We put a lot of hard work into our tree over the past few months and we were happy to say that we were very pleased with how it turned out. We designed a children's themed tree which came with many toys and gift certificates. All in all, we were extremly successful selling our tree for $2900 and winning the holiday spirit award along with the People's Choice Award!!! We were so excited! The pictures really don't do justice to our tree, but at least you get the idea.



Pauline and Patrick are two of our great friends who joined us at the event. They own Belly to Baby in downtown Wenatchee and donated many items to this event.

Ivy and I standing in front of our tree.

Had to show off my curls! I thought they were fun! Pauline and I made an afternoon of it and got our hair done.

Our tree being filmed for the slideshow that took place during the auction.

Sorry, the picture is a bit fuzzy!

Our "Holiday Spirit Award"!



The boys standing in front of our tree. There were about 14 trees altogether.










2 comments:

mbyeman said...

Wow!! Looks like you had an awesome evening!! Glad you had a fun afternoon getting ready for the event too!! How did it go transporting the tree to the person who bought it?!? :)

mbyeman said...

oops...that last comment was from me...not Marcus!! I guess I'm logged into his account.

~Steph