Thursday, September 4, 2008

First Day of School

Matthew had his 1st day of preschool today. It was a bittersweet day. I was so excited for him and he was so excited, but I can't believe how fast the time has gone. It just amazes me. He got a little smile on his face when he learned that he had his own cubby and hook to hang his backpack. It was cute because the director and head teacher came out after I had left, and told me that Matthew was already introducing himself to the other kids as, "I'm Matthew!" He has come a long way from having trouble adjusting to new situations and not wanting to try new things on his own to becoming very outgoing and loving to learn new things. As he got out of the car he said that he would miss me and that he loved me. A regular old Thursday morning couldn't get any better than that! I am very proud of him and he is only 3 (on the 22nd). :)


1 comment:

Marcus, Stephanie,Jaelyn & Benjamin said...

Did he take his blankie with him to school?!? Glad to hear that the 1st day went well! I hope he enjoys it longer than summer camp! :)