Saturday, April 19, 2008

Sick Again!!! :(

Here is little Nathan after throwing up projectile vomit at only 5 months old. Yes, my kids are sick again! There is supposedly a 24 hour bug going around that is literally taking entire families out. Adam and I are o.k. so far , but we are not getting our hopes up just yet. This is how it all started: I spent an entire Friday getting Matthew to use the potty while wearing his Big Boy underwear! It was our first major attempt and let me tell you, it is exhausting!! I was taking him every 20 minutes and he did pretty good except for the 4 accidents he had - 2 pees and 2 poops. Lots of clean up! I had a girls night out planned so I sucked it up knowing at 6:30 p.m. I would be out on my own. I left the house that night and everyone was doing well, except Nathan was a little cranky and was getting ready for bed. Not 10 minutes after I left, I get a call from home. I picked up and I could hear both kids screaming in the background. Let me remind you that I was almost at my destination. Matthew was going potty in the bathroom and did great so he decided to give baby brother (who was lying on the floor) a big hug when out of nowhere he vomitted all over Nathan's face and the rug!! Both kids lost it and Adam called out of shear terror. He at first wanted me to come home, but decided that he could handle this and it would probably make for a great story the following day. Matt ended up vomiting 3 more times in the kitchen, but seemed to feel better before going to bed. Adam was able to get both boys bathed and in bed by 7:45. What a dad! I on the other hand had a great time but was definitely thinking about the chaos at home and wondering if I should have cancelled my plans last minute.
Nathan woke up the next morning at 5 a.m. soaked in vomit. The night before I told Adam, "maybe Nathan will get lucky and not get this!!" Yeah right - he only swallowed Matthew's puke. He was a trooper! He got up and wanted to nurse but only moments later all of it came right back up in buckets all over my lap and our bed sheets since I took him back to bed with me. Big mistake! That was the end of all the vomit!!!

This is what happens to Nathan's hair after a rough night being sick or when he is just having a bad hair day. Poor kiddo. We think it is cute though in our unbiased opinion!


1 comment:

Marcus, Stephanie,Jaelyn & Benjamin said...

Ugh! That totally sucks!! Kuddos to Adam for hanging in there so that you could have a girls night!! Hopefully you guys don't catch the bug.