Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Fishing in Alaska

Adam and I headed to Alaska last week on a partial vacation/business trip without kids. Yeah! We did miss the boys though. We had a blast fishing the Kenai River south of Anchorage even though it was 55 degrees and raining most of the day. We did stock up on rain gear before we left. Thank goodness! Adam and I were fishing for King's (shown below) and unfortunately he and I didn't even get a bite, but the other two guys in our boat each caught a 45 pound King Salmon. They were enormous as Matthew would say, so I thought I would at least post a picture of what it looked like even though it wasn't us that caught it. Next time I guess! Adam did have some luck fishing for Silver's after I flew back home a day earlier. He caught his limit and had a great time with his customer and some of the Boston Scientific crew. We have quite a few fillets stocked up in the freezer!


Alaska sure is beautiful and I would love to go back! There is really no other place like it.

3 comments:

Marcus, Stephanie,Jaelyn & Benjamin said...

Those are some enormous fish! Maybe after all of our summer travels die down a bit we can head over to your place for some good eatin'! Glad you had a fun time in Alaska. Maybe that's a place we should travel together!!

mary said...

Thanks Kate for the pic of the bloody fish! I'm currently waiting for you to call me back so we can organize our bowling/pizza dinner for tonight! If you are downstairs and online CALL ME! ;)

ReserFamily said...

That looks like fun! I have a new address for our blog
http://housefullofboys-reser.blogspot.com/

:) I put some new pics ofthe boys on there too!